Seriously these online dating sites…
- I cannot even begin to tell you the downright frightening things that come to me.
- Today “I want to meet face to face. I am a doctor so you have nothing to worry about”= 1st message.
OK Cupid –
- low already…
- 480 people gave me a star!
- Out of that I right swiped a few….very few… which means I am PICKY. Which I always have been and always should be.
- 10 of us agreed everyone immediately Ignore how one of the first was the NARC. How he pounced on me at first arrival *within hours of building the profile*.
- Then it came back with “low matches
- And a stellar and life changing message from a dude “YEP” his entire message
- Then a guy with great questions and several coherent words. He is also apparently already tied up w Mary Jane….
So what are the options for a lady who works from home, travels for work otherwise, and loses her husband in the time that every other female and male she knows is working on procreation and in wedded bliss.
I am too young for the divorced, to old for the never been married. I am in Widow Limbo.
Oh and why is it that on Tinder I come across your single friends… and you never once messaged me that you have one… I am onto you!
Leading me to this list of personality traits. You see my brother claims the secret is real and visualization is helpful. Here is my attempt.
- A real man
- Conquered and dealt with his own baggage and shit (and willing to share the experience or lean on me if needed)
- Open and willing to communicate
- Enjoys having fun
- Willing to live in the moment and be here now.
- Self Aware
- Gives of himself freely
- Patient with my feelings
- Vulnerable (in a good way)
Alas I drink wine alone, take Jeep trips with the dogs, schedule Meetup Groups in our area which will mostly be woman. I try- I get up, I move, I work out, I put myself out there. I forget the pain. I persevere.